VMware will be offering VMware View to include VDI. Look for these new components to be introduced in 2009:
VMware View Composer – Advanced image management for virtual desktops allows you to:
- Reduce storage cost and management by up to 90 percent
- Reduce desktop provisioning from 15 minutes to just seconds
- Manage hundreds of desktops from a single central image, retaining user settings when updating or patching service packs, application updates or even OS upgrades
- Roll back instantaneously, enabling customers to streamline management and guarantee that all user systems are up to date
- Reduce the number of images to manage
VMware Offline Desktop – Access virtual desktops whether online or offline to:
- Backup critical user data and applications for remote employees
- Create transparent user environments on the road or in the office
- Increase user productivity while decreasing management complexity and risks
- Harness local compute power for a superior PC-like end user experience while maintaining data back ups and settings
VMware Client Virtualization – With virtualization for laptops and desktops PCs you can:
- Reduce the number of PC images with hardware independent virtual desktops that run on each PC
- Provide centralized management of VDI users and virtual client users from the same management console
- Enable users to take advantage of local PC hardware for superior user experience and offline usage
Enter your e-mail address in the form to your right to receive the recently updated VMware MSRP price list.
You can follow future price list updates on Twitter.
It’s natural to think small when starting out with VMware. Unfortunately, for most businesses this strategy costs you more in both money and resources than a “Start Right” strategy. Thinking small means you will fail to get the full benefits from the virtual infrastructure while investing people resources to build your environment. And while VMware pricing can be confusing and it’s not always obvious what benefits you receive, take the time to learn what kind of investment is right for your business. We can help you with this important process.
This Start Right VMware Reference Architecture gives you the basic framework that allows your virtualization platform to scale without wasted investments in throw-away servers.
- ESX Servers – Quantity Two of the same server type. This allows you to move your virtual machines from one ESX host to the other for a variety of reasons including maintenance and performance.
- Virtual Center – Quantity One. This machine allows you to manage the ESX Servers properly. Small businesses can often run Virtual Center on an existing machine while larger organizations should dedicate a machine for this purpose.
- Optional External Storage – Even if you can not afford this storage initially, you should consider it during the design and budget for it in the next 6-9 months. After you get started with VMware, you’ll want external storage to take full advantage of VMware features.
Review our recommendations for fast tracking your VMware project.
You can also subscribe to our VMware Tips by Email.
VMware Implementation, VMware Pricing
- What storage works with VMware?
- Why do you need Virtualcenter?
- How does Lab Manager work?
- What does VMware cost?
- What VMware pricing information is available?
- What VDI client hardware works best?
- Can VDI replace Citrix?
- How does VDI work?
- Who can help with VMware ESX 3.5?
- How do you construct a VMware proof of concept?
- How do you accelerate a struggling VMware project?
- Is VMware cost effective for small business?
- How can VMware solutions help support a Vista upgrade or rollout?
- How does business continuity planning change with a VMware solution?
- What is the Return on Investment for VMware?
We answer those VMware questions and more on a daily basis. Contact us to fast track your VMware project and garner the benefits VMware provides.
Use any of these methods to get what you need fast.
Need it Fast
E-Oasis can supply pricing and quotes for the full line of VMware products. Estimating VMware costs for project budgets is easier with the VMware MSRP price list.
Enter Your e-mail in the form to your right to get a VMware MSRP price list now.